2018 Hurricane Team Awards
Congratulations to the following Special Award Winners:
Mark Sessoms Award Winners: Annie Williams, Alex Sironen, Joe Morris
|Age Group||Most Improved||High Point||Spirit of Homestead|
|6 & Under Girls||Brooke Welsh||Cadence Rebstock||Georgia Goldy|
|6 & Under Boys||Owen Getsch||Mateo Gutierrez||Maddox Phillips|
|7-8 Girls||Maddie Andrews||Charlotte Malnati||Amelia Malnati|
|7-8 Boys||Henry Malnati||Ryder Rebstock||Boden Lewis|
|9-10 Girls||Jojo Kellner||Bea Early||Sofia Gutierrez|
|9-10 Boys||Reeve Thomas||Jack Snow||Patrick Kubani|
|11-12 Girls||Rachel Link||Riley Snow||Frances Early|
|11-12 Boys||Jaxon Lenderman||Eddie Chen||Sean Goldy|
|13-14 Girls||Kendall Kuptz||Teagan Steinmetz||Anna Van Wyk|
|13-14 Boys||Miles Steinberg||Thomas Sutherland||Luke Brill|
|15-18 Girls||Kennedy Kerber||Margaret Molke||Ciara Langdon|
|15-18 Boys||Jake Russell||Alex Sironen||Elliot Steinberg|
2018 RMSL CHAMPIONS!!!
Congratulations to all of our swimmers for clinching the RMSL Championship!
Join the entire team Sunday, 7/15 @ 5pm - Homestead Gymnasium
Then *tentatively* over to the SOUTH POOL for the celebratory pool party!
WHAT A SEASON - WAY TO GO HURRICANES!!!
Congratulations to Amelia Roberts! Our 2018 Swim-a-thon top fundraiser! Amelia swam 72 laps and raised $217! Thank you Amelia for all your efforts.
See the video below
Prelims Week 2018
Prelims week is finally here!! We cannot thank every one enough for all of their hard work this season. We are going into prelims undefeated and are excited to see what the week will bring.
Monday- July 9th- 8 and Under Prelims- Stonegate Pool
Tuesday- July 10th- 13-18 Prelims- Homestead Farm II Pool
Wednesday- July 11th-- 9-10 Prelims- Homestead in the Willows North Pool
Thursday- July 12th- 11-12 Prelims- Heritage Greens Pool
4th of July Celebration!
Join your friends and neighbors to celebrate Independence Day.
9am: Parade @ back lot of Homestead Elementary
- decorate your bikes and scooters
11am: Pool party @ North Pool
- Ground games, Pool games: relays, coin dive, biggest splash and belly flop contest
- Food, candy and snow-cones for sale!
Hosted by your Homestead Hurricanes!
The annual Homestead Hurricane Swim-a-thon is finally here! The swim-a-thon is a yearly tradition and fundraiser that allows kids to swim for a meaningful cause. This year we have decided to swim on behalf of our Homestead Hurricane Swim Team's 40th Anniversary! It’s a birthday party and we hope you all will find the time to support our aging swim team. The Hurricane's Birthday Party will be celebrated throughout the season. Below we have made a birthday party wish list. This list includes a few of the following ideas:
- a PACE clock ($425)
- an I-Pad for recording dives and strokes, as a coaching technique
- new replacement tents for our swimmers and visiting teams during swim meets
- a computer, monitor, and printer for the meet manager to operate our meets efficiently
- additional trash cans
- partial funds have already been allocated to invest in holes being drilled into the concrete for umbrella placement, this will provide much needed shade at the east end of the pool deck.
- Possible wi-fi for all to access while at the pool
Feel free to start collecting pledges and donations from grandparents, neighbors (who may have had former Hurricane swimmers) and friends. You can donate by clicking on the secure Cheddar Up link, or by cash or check (made payable to Homestead Hurricanes) Thank you for your support!
Boogie on Down!
Parent Party tickets now available on the SHOP tab!
Saturday Night Fever !
Saturday, June 9 - North Pool @ 7pm-10pm
Hustle on back with us 40 years ago to 1978 when Hurricane's Swim Team had their inaugural season for the most far out Parent Party ever! We will boogie the night away with cocktails and appetizers and plenty of music to get you to shake your groove thing! You can chill by our arcade and play Asteroids, pinball and more! Come dressed for the costume contest, and bring an old photo from the 70's of yourself to join our "guess who" board. Bring your neighbors or friends. All Homesteaders welcome (except kids)!
So come to the grooviest night of the year. It’s gonna be out of sight!
$30/person in advance via SHOP tab on homesteadhurricanes.swimtopia.com
$35/person at the door
Swim Team Begins This Week
- NEW SWIMMER TRY OUTS ARE TOMORROW AND TUESDAY- all new swimmers are required to attend try outs. You can come anytime during the times listed below, and we will cheer on your child as they make it across the length of the pool. You do not need to attend both days- choose the one that fits best with your schedule. If you child does not get across the pool on the first day they are welcome to come back the second day and try again!!
- Monday, May 14th from 3:30-5:00pm at the North Pool
- Tuesday, May 15th from 3:30-5:00pm at the North Pool
- PRACTICE BEGINS FOR EVERYONE MAY 16TH. The practice schedule is listed below.
- During May there tends to be a lot of storms and weather cancellations, if there is questionable weather please call the Homestead Hotline at 303-281-8477 to check on the status of practice.
- Swimtopia has a new feature where you can subscribe to the calendar and it will automatically download to your personal calendar. Click on the Calendar tab in the website, then click on “Subscribe” next to Calendar of Events to download the calendar.
May 16th – May 25th Spring Practice Schedule at North Pool
3:45-4:15 pm 6 & U
4:15-5:00 pm 8 & U
5:00-5:45 pm 10 & U
5:45-6:45 pm 11-12 & 13-18
Beginning May 29th Summer Practice Schedule, (no practice on Memorial Day)
9:00-10:0 am 9-10
9:45-10:45am 8 & U Girls
10:30-11:30am 8& U Boys
11:15-12:00pm 6 & U
New Suit and Swim Labs Partnership
We are gearing up for the 2018 summer swim season and wanted to let you know about a few items:
1. Join us for the annual info night on April 5 in the Homestead Gym @ 6:30 pm. This is a NEW SWIM SUIT YEAR - MI Sports will be there to fit your swimmer in our new suit. If you do not place your order at the info night, you will be responsible for doing so on your own through MI.
2. We are excited to announce our partnership with SwimLabs this season! SwimLabs has some great programs to help your swimmer prep for summer league. Check out their offerings for your Hurricane swimmers:
SawFish: This is made for kids that need to get in some laps before the season starts. The team meets Fri/Sat/Sun and they can come as many or as little as they want.Advanced 2: This is the SwimLabs group lesson that meets 1x per week, 45 minutes, 3:1 ratio and works specifically on technique! TeamPrep: This is the same style as the Adv 2 but is a one-week "camp" style. Swimmers pick Free/Back or Breast/Fly. Group Lessons/SwimJams: This is a way to get kids summer league ready, learning safety skills and technique in the strokes. We are currently running a promo, FIRST CLASS FREE!
**Mention "Homestead" and SwimLabs will give you 15% off lessons from now- July 31st, 2018.
SwimLabs has a convenient location on County Line and Holly. Check them out: www.swimlabs.com
SWIMSUIT AND SPIRIT WEAR ORDERS
If you missed the info meeting last week and still need to place your order for swimsuits and sprit wear/ merchandise, please visit the "SHOP" tab on this website for instructions.
***Remember, this is a NEW SWIMSUIT YEAR. Please order promptly so you do not miss the May 5 deadline.
Attention 13-18 Swimmers!
Do you have what it takes to be part of the H20 program.
2 Part Heart... 1 Part Obsession
An H2O is…
A mentor to younger swimmers
Capable of helping a coach run a few lanes at practice and keep swimmers focused
Flexible and ready to assist with the coaches needs
Available to show up to at least 2 practices (besides Mondays) for your younger swimmers age group. Coaches will expect at least 1 H2O per practice
Expected to attend Tuesday Meets and act as Heater and Runner, while at the same time supporting the swimmers
Interested in coaching and/or supporting the Homestead Swim team more and more...
If you are interested, please send a letter outlining why you’d like to be considered to Jennifer Getsch – email@example.com. Please contact Jennifer with any questions you may have at 303-359-5149
We are Excited to Announce the 2018 Coaches
As we gear up for the 2018 season we wanted to introduce our coaching staff
Head Coach and 7/8 Girls Coach: Ella Morris
Assistant Head Coach and 9/10 Boys Coach: Brady Zerr
6 and Under Coach: Lindsey Watson
7/8 Boys Coach: Joe Morris
9/10 Girls Coach: Annie Williams
11/12 Coach: Alex Sironen
13/18 Coach: Ryan Carr
Annual Information Meeting, Thursday, April 5th Homestead Elementary School Gym
6:30 – 8:00 pm New and Returning Swimmer Parents Meeting
Come learn about and join the summer neighborhood swim team! Parent Representatives and coaches will be on site to welcome you to this season, share plans and answer questions.
- Meet some of your coaches for this summer
- Learn how to register for swim team this year.
- Swimmer and Volunteer registration begins April 12th.
- It is a new swim suit season! Representatives from MI Sports will be on site to get you fitted for your any Hurricanes swim suit needs and order spirit wear
If you have any questions about the swim team, please contact the parent representatives: Jennifer Getsch (303-359-5149), Kathleen Goldy (720-272-1594), Evyan Maniatis (720-352-5703), Christine Snow (303-929-0161)
We are looking forward to another great summer!!
Thank you for a Successful 2017 Season
The Homestead Hurricanes completed another successful swim season. We won the RMSL Championship Division A. We also won the following age group awards for RMSL:
6 and Under Boys
6 and Under Girls
Congratulations to all the coaches, swimmers, and families for their hard work.